In addition to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we adhere to the following Company rules:
- all translated documents and the information contained therein remain the document owner's property;
- the scans of the originals submitted by the clients are only stored on our servers for the period of time required to complete the translating assignment; thereafter they are deleted from our servers;
- unless requested by the client, soft copies of the translations in any format are stored on our servers securely for 4 weeks (28 days) and are deleted thereafter. Routinely, the client receives a Word version of the finalised translation in addition to the certified electronic translation for their future unlimited use; therefore, it would be the client's responsibility to retain and store the complete translations and their Word versions;
- NAATI has introduced the digital (electronic) stamp and signature for all certified translators; this eliminates in most instances the need for "wet" translator's stamp and signature and you can print, if required, the electronic versions of your translations at your end without the loss of fidelity.
- where the hard copy/copies of the translations are still requested to be posted to the client's postal address, the latter is only recorded for this particular assignment; in the interests of the clients' privacy, their postal address is not recorded or stored on our servers for any possible future use, unless specifically requested by the client.
In handling your personal information, we follow the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We receive, record and store personally identifiable information (including name, email, and your residential and/or postal address) you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. We do so in order to provide you with the service you requested, according to the nature of our business, to keep accurate business records for taxation purposes, and to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance;
To keep accurate business records;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Our company site is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
We may contact you as a matter of ongoing provision of services, in regards of the quality and content of our past service, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce applicable national laws and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRTA will hold Your Personal Information for as long as Your Personal Information is required for the Purposes and for as long as is necessary to comply with its Legal Obligations.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com
Where you believe we did not resolve your privacy complaint to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling them on 1300 363 992, making a complaint online at www.oaic.gov.au, or writing to them at OAIC, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.
If you are in the European Union, you can choose to instead lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The list of DPAs is at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm